Thursday 7 April 2011

My Fun New Project


I know it's only been a few hours since my last post, but this is all fun and new to me so I thought I'd just go ahead and do my first "real" post.  It ties in quite well with the way this all got started anyway, so here goes...

I often talk with ladies at work about sewing and clothes, and in particular with one lady who has the same love of vintage styles.  As a result, while I was pondering on the title for this blog yesterday, this lovely lady came and handed me some awesome old patterns for ascot style (or as another friend calls them - librarian) shirts.  Very 80's but also very cute and with definite potential.  I was pretty excited, and although I had some ideas in mind for my blog title, the word "thrill" suddenly came to mind.  It fits perfectly with the way I feel when I go op-shopping and find something amazing.  I know there will be those of you out there who know what I'm talking about...the thrill of the hunt so to speak. So thanks to my lovely workmate for the gift and for the flash of inspiration.  Hopefully I'll have a couple of pretty vintage-style shirts to show you very soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, and thanks for reading!